Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hot Air Rises To Cloud Nine

So I stumbled across msn's list of angriest cities this morning, and was very surprised to see that Jacksonville ranked number nine. I don’t know whether that’s because I expected a higher or lower rank, really, I just know that I had to refresh the page again to make sure it was actually msn. The list of the U.S.’s top ten angriest cities is as follows:

1. Orlando, FL
2. St. Petersburg, FL
3. Detroit, MI
4. Baltimore, MD
5. Nashville, TN
6. Wilmington, DE
7. Miami, FL
8. Memphis, TN
9. Jacksonville, FL
10. St. Louis, MO

All I know after all this is that the last time I was in Orlando, the car broke down, and just a minute ago, here in Jacksonville, my power went out. I’m pretty pissed about the power. It’s always going out for no reason. I think someone told me once that it happens because the power lines around here aren’t underground. Whatever, I just want my power. Damn JEA.



On more neutral note, props to Neptune Beach for denying Wal-Mart.

-Angry Apathetic Arlington

3 comments:

nicky longlunch said...

props to NB, indeed. i wasn't looking forward to wal-mart going in down the street from me. unfortunately, wal-mart can still revise its application and re-submit it to the city. i'm not sure what they can revise in the application, so it looks like we've actually won one for now.

Anonymous said...

JEA definitely needs to get their asses on the job. I mean, you'd think someone with a cherry picker would be happy to go up in high places and play with electric currents. And I hear they get paid pretty damn well, too.

Suburban Jacksonville said...

In response to the Wal-Mart:
Wasn't the majority of the argument about Wal-Mart denial the traffic that it would bring? If so, that's bound to get overruled sooner or later with the promise of new roads. Look at Trednick Parkway by the new Super Wal-Mart Off Monument.

In response to Joey,
THANK YOU we needed that image help desprately.

And, "Right On" Jacob and Phil.