Thursday, October 19, 2006

Yee-Haws and Hells Naws
Folio Weekly "Best of Jax" Edition

Yee-Haws:
Best Thing to Happen in Northeast Florida in '06: The completion of 9A
Mandarin to Arlington in under 30 minutes, not half bad.

Best Reason to Avoid Club Paris: Roofies. Paris Hilton sucks. It's gay. Etc.
I can't think of any reasons not to avoid Club Paris. Unless of course, it's teen night.

Hells Naws:
Best Local Trend: "Salt Life" Stickers
Lame!

Local Hero: John Peyton
If John Peyton's greatest contributions to the city have been the unconstitutional Daith of Faith and his ability shake it at Club Paris, I'd say he's more suited for Local Zero.

Best Place to See a Movie: Cinemark Tinseltown
Though not the worst place to see a movie, definitely not the "best". Incompetent employees, minimal selection of "alternative" (aka GOOD) films, and stale over buttered popcorn....Tinseltown is not quite up to par. San Marco Theater will always be #1 in my mind, showing the perfect balance of big budget blockbusters, independent films, and classic (eerrr.....pre-1995) favorites.

-Mopey Mandarin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the observation on the Salt Life stickers. Did the company do a mass air drop on the city or something? They started appearing overnight almost.

Anonymous said...

I like to wear my saltlife shirt to club paris.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree that The Best Thing that Happened to Northeast Florida in '06 is 9A. Call me a snob but all 9A does is bring more traffic out to the beach!! :(

Brooke said...

Me too...I like:

mySaltLife.com